I’m an avid youtube watcher; most people who know me will back me up in this. I would much rather watch vlogs, fitness, health, beauty, cooking or whatever video comes up over TV (though I still some shows). One of the types of videos I always love watching are “favorites,” because they are simply positive, and they let people ramble about their little obsessions. Since this idea doesn’t strictly need to be in the video formatting, I figured I’d do my own little February Favorites (Links given):
1. Ingrid Nilsen-I figured since this post was inspired by youtubers, I start with a new favorite channel. I absolutely love watching her videos, especially her recipes. I actually heard about her a few years ago, tried watching a video or two, and decided her style wasn’t for me. 2 years later, I recently gave her channel a second chance, and was so impressed. I love the positive vibe and variety of her channel (plus her hair is around the length of mine, so her hair tutorials actually work for me).
2. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion– I saw the movie adaption of this in theaters, and bought the DVD the week it came out. I thought the plot was unique, being both thrilling and cute. I started reading the book and I’d have to say it’s spot on with the movie (with a few minor details left out).I read quite a lot being in book club, and the past 3 or 4 books I’ve read have left me disappointed. I’ve still got some reading to do in this particular story, but this is definitely the best book I’ve read in a long time.
3. Sweet Iced coffee– Over the years I’ve become a huge coffee drinker, more so the past 6 months. Last summer, I used to make iced coffee every morning, but I could never get my portions right. If I added too much ice, I’d over fill the cup, but if I didn’t add enough, it would take forever to cool. I learned it’s better to make a smaller and stronger cup, and fear no more, I have found the perfect combination:
1-6 oz cup Doughnut Shop (or coffee of your choice)
1/4 cup Italian Sweet Cream Creamer (or creamer of your choice)
1 packet of truvia
1 large handful of ice
4. My mom’s old coach bag– I’m a huge bag person. Don’t get me wrong, I love shoes (mostly boots tbh) but I usually have 2 or 3 pairs that I shuffle through for months until I get sick of them. But bags… bags I could change everyday- if I could simply pick one. My mom was going through her closet a few weeks ago getting rid of everything she didn’t want. She asked if I wanted anything before she donated them and I found possibly my favorite bag of all time. Its a coach side drawstring, with light brown leather. It’s absolutely gorgeous and I have been using it for weeks.
5. Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Candle (bath and body works) – I’m going to college in about 6 months, and that means no more candles. So naturally, I’m trying to burn through all of the ones I currently have and not waste them, and this is my current favorite. It’s sweet, spicy, and reminds me off the first week of fall. (because this was a seasonal candle, the link is to the wall flower refills- the only product currently available in this lovely scent.)